Billing Road

The development of the General Hospital (1793), St Andrew's Hospital (1837) and the cemetery (1847) all preceded the houses.
Cliftonville and the central part of Billing Road were developed first, around 1850-60, with substantial residences set within their own grounds. Lyveden Terrace (nos 45-49 Billing Road) dates from around the same time, whilst other terraces followed in subsequent decades. Addison Villas, by noted local architect Matthew Holding, were among the last buildings to be completed, with the exception of more recent infill development.
©2021 Screen Northants Location Database